Traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda uses a technique called face mapping. Skin mapping is the reflection of your internal health being communicated through the skin of the face. Imbalances can cause poor nutrition, hormone imbalance, genetics and environmental factors. Various areas of the face correlate to a specific organ; thus, revealing the condition of the organ.
- Forehead: Connected to the liver and gallbladder. Excessive fat and alcohol consumption can cause breakouts.
- Between the Eyebrows: Connected to the stomach and liver. Poor digestion and toxic buildup can cause blemishes.
- Temples and Brow line: Connected to the kidneys. Poor dehydration can cause issues in this area.
- Under the Eyes: Represents the condition of the stomach, kidney, and liver.
- Bridge of Nose and Upper Area of Cheeks: Connected to the heart. Rashes like rosacea commonly appear in this area.
- Middle Region of the cheeks: Connected to the stomach and lungs.
- Lower Cheeks and Nose: Connected to liver and stomach. Wrinkles, breakouts, and redness usually cause by food intolerances and toxic buildup.
- Mouth Region: Connected to the stomach.
- Jawline: The window to the ovaries and/or colon. Breakouts often triggered by hormonal stress, especially in women.
- Lymph Nodes: provides information of our stress levels when the body is trying to fight off an illness or infection.
This is a very specific technique, but it all comes down to discovering your requirements to your unique needs for a balanced diet, an improved immunity, and known sensitivities. If you are having problems in areas of your face linked to dehydration, you can treat it by minimizing the intake of alcoholic beverages, caffeine, sugar and replacing it with pure water, and fresh herbal tea. Adding more super-foods such as kale, spinach, berries, and algae can improve kidney function. Additionally, by replacing unhealthy saturated fats with healthy fats loaded with omega fatty acids to boost HDL (the good cholesterol) and reduce LDL (the bad cholesterol); eating raw nuts, avocado, salmon, flax seeds and chia seeds can be a wonderful gift for yourself and your heart. This should go along with getting good quality sleep, physical exercise, and meditation to improve your heart function and lower the levels of stress.