The skeletal system includes all of the bones and joints in the body. Each bone is a complex living organ that is made up of many cells, protein fibers, and minerals. The skeleton’s purpose is to provide support and protection for the soft tissues that make up the rest of the body. The skeletal system also provides attachment points for muscles to allow movements at the joints and furthermore, the new blood cells are produced by the red bone marrow inside of our bones, which acts like a store house for calcium, iron, and energy from fat.
What to do to strengthen the bones in the body
- Eat vegetables, especially leafy greens
- Prepare stocks from vegetables, seaweed with fish, chicken or beef bones and add a tablespoon of vinegar to help release minerals.
- Add sunflower and pumpkin seeds for minerals and natural fats.
- Choose whole grains for fiber and complex carbohydrates.
- Consume beans and naturally raised animal food as a protein source.
- Add essential fatty acids in your diet like extra virgin olive oil, flaxseeds, and unrefined sesame oil.
- Exercise at least 30 or more minutes every other day.
What to avoid
- Refined sugars
- White flour –including pasta, white bread, muffins, and baked flour desserts